Sunday, September 27, 2020

My 1st Acrylic Pour

I had seen videos on acrylic pouring, but hadn't actually tried it myself. My friend, Kate H invited people over to do it at her house I excitedly accepted. 

We mixed our colors of acrylic paint in little cups with 2 parts paint to 1 part pouring medium, then enough drops of water to make it runny enough to pour.
I used 2 different techniques on mine.
The first one I coated the canvas with white first, then put a little of one color then layered other colors to make rings of color. Then tilt the canvas until it is covered.

The second one was also coated with white first. Then I added the color diagonally across the canvas. I then added white on both sides of the color and used a craft stick to flip it over the color. Then used a hair dryer to blow the paint across the canvas to give it a marbled look. I did a little bit of tilting the canvas also to give it the coverage that I wanted.

1 comment:

  1. I LOOOOOOVE this! Thanks for bringing it to work to display it!

    ReplyDelete

Top Post for the Year